Meet the together-travel company. Launchtrip is the first app in the world that lets travellers search by city or event. We make booking trips easy and rewarding, especially for groups. Our brand-new head office is in beautiful Vancouver, B.C., with satellite offices opening soon in NYC, Los Angeles and Europe. We believe in delivering the best possible experience for our employees, and in turn, for our consumers. We're looking for awesome and talented specialists across all departments to join our team as we ramp up for a major product launch this spring, 2021.
About the Role:
Launchtrip is seeking an experienced mobile app developer that has at least 4+ years developing apps using React Native. This candidate will play a critical role in helping us deliver and launch our product and will be joining a team of one other mobile app developer. This role reports directly to the CEO. The ideal candidate will have experience in an ever-changing start-up environment and will understand the necessity to wear multiple hats. The role will entail a degree of autonomy and it is critical that the candidate has launched multiple apps to the app store.
- Take lead and assist in the development of our mobile application.
- Build pixel-perfect and silky smooth User Experience that our customers love
- Work closely with our UX and design teams
- Collaborate with backend engineers
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications on Android and iOS devices
- Maintain codebase and fix issues/bugs
- Participate in design and architecture discussions
- Assist with CI/CD configuration tasks
- Work on a tight schedule and deadlines in order to get us to our target launch date
- Proven experience in designing and implementing React Native mobile solutions from the ground up
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with the ReactJS ecosystem
- Minimum of 3-4 year of experience with React Native
- Experience with App deployment technologies like; FastLane and/or AppCenter
- Strong communication and English language skills, both written and oral
- Experience with TestFlight and Firebase
- Familiarity with automated testing suites: Jest
- Exposure to CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle
- Published mobile apps to online app stores is essential
- Excellent knowledge in integration of services and JSON-based REST APIs
- Expertise writing clean, maintainable and well documented code
- Experience in performance optimization
- Competitive total rewards package including company stock options
- A+ Medical, Dental and Vision benefits that boast nearly 100% coverage across the board.
- Flexible work environment. We. Don’t. Do. Burnout. Rest when you need it.
- Major focus on physical and mental wellness with ongoing internal initiatives, programs, and subsidizations.
- Bonuses that go beyond performance in your job role. Be recognized for your engagement with team members, your ability to exercise the company ethos and upholding our company core values
- Opportunity for personal and career growth with access to continued education, certifications and training. Tell us what your goals are and we will do whatever it takes to help you achieve them.
- Work with the coolest team in Vancouver. The most amazing combination of tea, coffee, beer, wine drinkers that you will meet. Our team is our family and every culture addition in every position means the world to us.
At this time, we are accepting resumes of foreign workers and are open to hiring foreign candidates. Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected to interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Launchtrip, please keep your eye on our product launch, Spring 2021!