Launchtrip is a fast-growing travel-tech company with offices in Vancouver and New York. Our company focuses on event-based travel and will be going live with a group booking platform in Spring 2020. We are deeply passionate about discovering new cities, hotels, culture and food from all around the world and curating an amazing experience for our users. We are building a world-class team as we work towards global expansion. If you think you’re a fit and looking for a fulfilling job with work/life balance in Vancouver, we would love to hear from you.
About the Role:
Do you have a passion for designing highly addictive, consumer driven apps? You are committed to finding solutions that elevate the user experience and keep them coming back for more. You continuously think about new features and ways to improve or even re-invent the customer experience, intelligently designing promising ideas, prioritizing them and delivering big results. As a product champion, you will evangelize new features to end-users and partners, working to accelerate adoption, defining key success metrics, measuring impact and tracking the business benefits.
- Optimize the user experience on our consumer app to increase engagement, conversion and retention
- Lead product development life cycle from ideation through launch including end-to-end customer experience
- Influence UX designers on front-end experience specifications
- Optimize cross-functional teams - including engineering, project management, design, analytics, customer care and user research - in the ideation, UX design, technical development, and launch of new features and improving existing ones
- Make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data. Deeply understand user adoption and flow.
- Identify pain points and behaviors to improve the user experience and at the same time, align to company goals
- Establish a company-wide shared vision by building data-driven consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Define metrics that inform the success of your products, monitor performance in real time, and determine a product roll-out strategy based on quantitative and user feedback
- Understand Launchtrip’s strategic and competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to disrupt the travel booking industry
- Keep a pulse on the sports, music and entertainment industry, including best practices and trends to create best-in-class features
- 4+ years in product management with an emphasis on consumer mobile apps and optimization of engagement / conversions / retention (we are also interested in hearing from PM’s in the mobile and social gaming industries)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to get into the details and to do whatever it takes to increase KPI’s
- Strong grasp of online metrics, tracking performance of KPI’s, and the ability to integrate analytics into your decision making. Familiarity/expertise on Tableau or similar and Google Analytics is desired
- Ability to deploy A/B testing initiatives and analyze results and work with the engineering team make the appropriate adjustments Ability to integrate quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development. Preference for working knowledge of design thinking methodologies and principles.
- Demonstrated track record of building consumer apps with thousands, if not millions of daily active users
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a proactive approach rather than a reactive approach to continuously improving the user experience and increasing the bottom line
- You thrive on challenges and embrace challenges and targets
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills - able to manage stakeholders and continue to stay positive and optimistic
- Strong background in hypothesis-driven product development, lean tools & methodologies, and data-driven decision making
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a cross-functional team
- A love of attending events in sports, music and entertainment
- Worked on more than 3 consumer based mobile apps published in the App Store and Google
- Experience using JIRA other project management/documentation tools
- Familiarity with mobile interface design on the iOS and Android platforms
- A rich understanding of app ecosystems and related technologies such as REST API's, Push Notification Services
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package with paid vacation
- Flexible work environment with focus on health & wellness
- Total rewards options including; bonuses and stock options
- Opportunity for personal growth in a fast paced environment as well as the opportunity to work with a dedicated and passionate team to create an innovative new product!